Sunday, April 26

Capitalism Cupcakes


So I took this trip. To a craft store. This is really never a good idea. I wander through the aisles visualizing myself spending excessive amounts of time combining all products offered into ridiculously crafty superfluities. I usually end up talking myself down from most of it but only after wasting a good number of precious minutes.

I had a specific purchase in mind. Because I keep making cupcakes. And I knew somewhere out there existed a product to house them.

TA DA!
Pretty nice huh?

This is what I went for. And I almost didn't get it. Due to the fact that should I not own a cupcake storage unit I am still able to make cupcakes. I am just forced to put them on plates. How boring.

But I knew if I bought this, it would make waiting for the bus a happier experience. Because I would be waiting for the bus as the proud owner of a vessel that exists solely for the purpose of holding my cupcakes!


Except for this device had options. Options people. It can hold regular sized-cupcakes. Or you can take out the cupcake holder and it can hold sheet cakes. Or you can turn the holder over and hold a million tiny cupcakes!

Tiny cupcakes, people. With tiny cupcakes there is twice the decorating with the same amount of batter. This is important.

But here's the thing. I didn't have anything with which to make tiny cupcakes. And I really just can't own a tiny cupcake holder without the ability to make tiny cupcakes.

So I also bought myself this ability. Look how pretty:


Much prettier than say.... this thing:


Which is still lovely and useful for making slightly less fun, regular-sized cupcakes. But really. No contest.

And with these fabulous new purchases, you know what I found?

I make even more cupcakes.

It might be detrimental.

But it's so calming. Pouring in the batter so methodically.

Knowing in twenty minutes the properties of heat will have transformed that beautiful liquid...


...Into a delicious solid.


Mixing colors into icing and the welcomed similarities the stuff has with paint.


Spreading and piping the icing-paint. It's my favorite part. I can't do it without smiling. It's a remarkably tranquil task.


The thing about iced cupcakes though? Very difficult to share with people in different states. So I super-glued them into boxes.


I hear results were iffy but delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment